Friday, April 6, 2018

Live Chat

Our first Live Chat
Apr 6 at 10:32pm
 
We had a great live chat with a smallish attendance this evening on Discord with my supporters on Patreon. I took the opportunity to ask a few questions about expectations and hope for the chat and ended up discussing up and coming works and showing potential covers for the books I want to write first.
 
Tomorrow night is the Salon Chat - topic I hope to discuss with our creative crew there is about Facebook. I have plans to use Facebook to promote books and connect with readers. But Facebook has a plan to collect your data and sell it - regardless of how you THINK you're protecting yourself, nothing is stopping them from lying and saying they protect you and just not. They also get hacked and have their own leaking problems regarding data.

Do you want to be part of that system? Do I have promotional alternatives? What are you comfortable with me doing as we move forward. Check out the "Ugly Truth" memo leaked out of Facebook corporate as I plan on discussing how this applies to my decision.

To join in on the chats, please consider being a supporter at www.patreon.com/danerickson - I'd like you as part of my team and able to help you with your stories as well.
Thanks for talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment